Whether you are a student, an entrepreneur starting a new venture, or simply a person who cares about the future, we’re looking for motivated volunteers to join our team as a Community Host.
Impact Hub Bergen is where change goes to work. We are a coworking, meeting and learning space for people who seek to create positive impact.
- Are a local-global community of entrepreneurs working on sustainable solutions to meet the pressing challenges of our time
- Provide an inspiring space where people can work, meet, experiment, run events and make entrepreneurial ideas happen
- Share knowledge by organizing workshops, events and programs for social innovation
Community hosts are the first point of contact for Impact Hub members and guests. Your most important task is to provide a positive, welcoming, functional environment for our members and guests, which includes connecting with members and helping the staff to manage the space itself.
This is an unpaid, volunteer position in exchange for a flex membership worth kr 1400,- giving you access to a weekday workspace from 9-17.
- Greeting & getting to know members with a warm and welcoming attitude;
- Ensure members are caffeinated by making coffee & tea throughout the day;
- Keeping the space tidy and in working order;
- Answering questions from members and guests about Impact Hub and how the space works;
- Providing tours to potential members and guests;
- Routine tasks such as collecting and distributing mail and taking out the recycling;
- Assist members and public clients with their meeting room reservations;
- Provide occasional support for events (paid opportunities available);
- Closing the space in the evening;
- In your downtime, we want you to contribute to Impact Hub with your unique expertise! We encourage Hosts to work on a long-term project or several smaller projects that aim to build the Impact Hub community.
5 REASONS TO JOIN US…
- You will become part of an inspiring community and learn about social entrepreneurship
- You will come to work at Bryggen, a UNESCO world heritage site ten minutes away from Bergen’s hiking trails
- Your lunch during your shift is on us and coffee/tea is always free
- Paid opportunities to work at events
- Access to discounted or free events like waffle pitches, language cafe, yoga lessons and more.
- Ability to commit to the role for a 6-month period
- Sociable, outgoing and friendly
- Enjoy practical tasks
- Interest in entrepreneurship and sustainability is a plus
- Motivational Letter
to [email protected] with ‘Community Host’ in the subject line.