We are proud to have passed our re-certification for a further three years as an Eco-Lighthouse company. This highly recognised environmental certification is our promise to take responsibility and action for the environment and a sustainable future.
Impact Hub Bergen aims to inspire, support and connect social entrepreneurs in order to realise solutions for common social challenges. We are part of a global network where we systematically use the global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a lens through which to view our impact in the world. We run our business with high regard for our impact on the environment and society. Sustainability is an important decision-making factor for us as a company. Responsible use of our shared and limited natural resources is important to us.
Impact Hub Bergen became certified with the Eco-Lighthouse environmental management system in 2017. The Eco-Lighthouse Foundation is the first national certification scheme in Europe to be recognised by the European Commission on a par with international eco-labelling schemes (EMAS and ISO 14001).
As an Eco-Lighthouse certified company, we are committed to measuring and evaluating our own consumption and continuously work towards improving our environmental performance. Miljøfyrtårn covers the internal and external environment, with a focus on maximising wellbeing while minimising negative impacts on a local and global scale. The “environment” refers to both the physical and social environment and includes a cultural dimension.
Previous environmental reports show that Impact Hub Bergen has a small environmental footprint compared to other companies of a similar size, and we aim to maintain this. The greatest part of our emissions stem from transport and energy.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY
- We aim to create a pleasant and safe working environment for all of our staff and community members.
- It is our highest priority to prevent anyone from getting sick or injured at work.
- We value diversity; we are an inclusive and equal opportunity employer.
- We offer opportunities for professional development through internships and work placements.
- Our various programs are designed to develop and promote solutions for pressing social challenges such as age-friendly societies, mental health, diversity & inclusion and youth support.
- We cherish, preserve and spread knowledge about the cultural value of the UNESCO World Heritage site we are located in.
- We take care of our premises and materials in order to minimise our environmental impact.
- We are dedicated to minimising our consumption and production of waste.
- We reuse where possible.
- We recycle our waste.
- We mainly serve vegetarian food.
- We source our ingredients from organic and local producers where possible.
- We are dedicated to minimising food waste.
- We use Eco-Lighthouse certified suppliers where possible. For example, our security service, cleaning service and printing service are Eco-Lighthouse and/or ISO 14001 certified.
- Where possible, we support small local businesses and startups through our purchasing.
Learn about becoming Eco-Lighthouse certified here.